Oct 17 2013
Mortimer Technology has been given the award specifically for developing:
- a new 'torrefaction' process for the conversion of biomass into a 'biocoal' in minutes (instead of 60m years!) which gives a 92% reduction in CO2 emissions against conventional pulverised coal as a fuel.
- a novel modular biomass gasification conversion unit for industrial and commercial scale heat and power plant which in Poland, for example, can reduce emissions by 22m tonnes CO2 annually with a 20% market penetration in their heating stations.
- a novel process for turning paper ‘sludge’ from paper recycling mills (1 tonne sludge for every tonne of paper processed) into steam energy for the paper mill and a valuable mineral feed for the cement industry.
- a new combustion process for rice husks to provide energy and a valuable amorphous silica as a cement displacement.
The Torftech Group
The Torftech group of companies develop, licence and provide the TORBED Energy Technologies to a wide range of industries. These technologies use our proprietary patented TORBED Process Reactors to contact gases and solids in a more efficient and novel manner.
Our technologies will continue to revolutionise:
- Energy production from biomass, ‘wastes’ and solid fuels
- Regeneration, recovery and manufacture of catalysts
- Production of industrial minerals
- Precision processing of solid food products
After more than 25 years and over 150 plants installed, we have demonstrated our ability to provide unique products, competitive advantages, reduced costs, energy savings and many other valuable benefits for our customers.
Applications to thermal energy generation