Oct 15 2013
Web Site : http://www.kedco.com
eMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : (+353) (0)21 4839104
Fax : (+353) (0)21 4839112
Address : 4600 Airport Business Park , Cork , Ireland
Kedco PLC is the holding company of a bio-science energy group. It is listed on the London Stock exchange KED:LN. It develops energy projects with the intention to run them. Three bioenergy projects are (2013) on going.
Kedco PLC is the holding company of a bio-science energy group. It is listed on the London Stock exchange KED:LN. The Company is not subject to the Combined Code on Corporate Governance applicable to companies with full listings on the London Stock Exchange. The Company, through its subsidiaries, help companies throughout the UK and Ireland to convert waste into clean energy. Kedco also has a number of existing businesses serving industrial and residential customers all with a renewable energy focus including the sale of biomass boilers and the production of wood and biomass.
Kedco's business strategy is to identify, develop, build, own and operate electricity and heat generation plants in the UK and Ireland. These plants contribute to the need for sustainable energy from renewable sources.
The Company possesses significant knowledge of renewable energy markets, clean technologies, fuel sources, project development, project finance, project delivery and operation.
The Company is technology neutral and is focused on delivering optimal returns for shareholders through the diversification of technology, development and jurisdictional risks using Biomass, Wind, Anerobic Digestion and Solar renewable technologies.
The Company aims to have a minimum of 300MW in its total pipeline within three years. The Company currently has a pipeline of renewable energy projects at various stages of operation and development totalling 125MW.
Enfield Biomass, 12MW CHP, North London
- The project has been developed through Enfield Biomass Limited (“EBL”), which is currently 100% owned by Kedco plc. Over Stg£2m invested in the project to date.
- It is located on a 1.4 hectare site in Enfield, London.
- The project is fully consented having received planning permission from Enfield Borough Council in April 2013.
- The project has also received an offer to connect to the distribution network with capacity available in the area.
- The company has engaged in discussions with a number of potential large blue chip offtakers for both the electricity and heat which will be generated by the project.
- The company announced on 4 June 2013 that it had selected the Foresight Group as the preferred funder and signed heads of terms with them regarding the part financing of the Enfield Biomass project.
- Responses to the EPC market enquiry have been received and the company, in consultation with Fichtner’s (the Company’s engineer for the project) and Foresight Group, will appoint a preferred EPC contractor.
Clay Cross – 12MW Biomass CHP
- The project is being developed through an agreement with Larkfleet Group and is located in Clay Cross in Derbyshire.
- The company has engaged in the planning process over the last 12 months and has held a number of public consultation meetings.
- The company expects to apply for full planning and permitting for a 12MW biomass power plant in 2013.
- The site is currently permitted to take up to 100k tonnes of waste. It is expected that the project will require up to 80k tonnes of waste wood.
Plymouth – 12MW Biomass CHP
- The Company has signed heads of terms with LDT (Plymouth Energy Park) Limited, which is a subsidiary of the London & Devonshire Trust.
- This gives Kedco an option to lease a 4.5 acre site located on Ernesettle Lane, Plymouth for the proposed construction of a biomass electricity and heat generating plant with a capacity of up to 12MW.
- The proposed project site is located in an energy park being developed by LDT who have already secured a grid connection for a number of planned projects in the energy park.
- The Company expects to sign a binding option agreement before the end of 2013, following which the planning process will start immediately.
News in the conBio:
2013.10.15: Enfield 12 MW CHP plant project - update